ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Department of Physical Education is a constituent unit of Netaji Mahavidyalaya. It is the one of the academic departments under the faculty of Arts. The department of Physical Education established in 2009. Considering the ever increasing importance of Physical Education as an academic discipline, it offers the subject as a combination as per the syllabus of The University of Burdwan. The departmental teachers are trying their best to run the department smoothly in active co-operation with the students. They participate in various competitions like ‘Inter-college Competition’, “Inter- University Competition”, ‘West Bengal Inter College Sports Championship’, ‘State Level Competition’, ‘Federation Competition’, ‘Netaji Subhas State Games’ etc. various games like Athletics, Volleyball, Football, Cricket, Handball etc. and they put their best to achieve awards. They also enrich the knowledge for satisfactory results necessary for building good academic carrier to ensure admission in higher studies like B.P.Ed., M.P.Ed, Net, Set as well as placement in Govt. Services.
- Most of the facilities of games and sports are available in the practical field of the Department of Physical Education.
- Coaching camps are held for football, volleyball, Handball and cricket etc.
- There are well sports equipments in the department of the college for conducting various types of games and sports.
- To enrich knowledge in this subject various types of books are purchased throughout the year.
- There is also a Multi-Gymnasium in this college to develop power of muscles.
- There is also a Big- Football Ground in this college to enhance physical fitness.
- There is also 6 th Month Yoga Certificate course to increase Spiritual power and sound mind body relation.
The Department of Physical Education has been set up with the provision to impart holistic education through the Physical Education Curriculum and instill higher values in pupil teachers.
- To undertake a journey towards excellence in education in the field of Physical Education through study, innovative practice with deeper emphasis on pedagogical skills and optimum use of available recourses.
- To strive towards excellence of the would be Physical Educators by responding to changing needs and expectation of the society by imparting required skills and value based education.
- To prepare future Physical Education teachers by inculcating values such as dignity of labor, equality of genders, protection of environment, respect for tradition and cultural heritage.
To produce and give the nation future physical educators with qualities of intellectual competence, committed, character, diligence, discipline, dynamic, versatility and entrepreneurship.
Success Rate :