About The Department
Netaji Mahavidyalaya has been established in the year 1948. The Department of Education of this college started its journey right from the year 1948. The Honours course in Education was started in the year 2008. The General course in Education was started from the year 2011. Total number of sanctioned teaching posts of the department is one. At present, there is one full-time teacher: Mr. Dhiman Kar, and three State Aided College Teachers (SACT) in Education: Mrs. Tanushree Roy Kaity, Mr. Bimalendu Santra and Mrs. Pratiksha Goswami.
The department has a well-equipped Library. The students can borrow books from this departmental Library by depositing the Library cards. The Library is open on ordinary working days. Books may be borrowed or returned from Monday to Friday.
Departmental magazine is published once during the session. The name of the printed magazine is ‘SUCHANA’. In addition to this, a wall magazine named ‘ANKUR’ is also published every year by the department. The students and the faculty members of the department are expected to contribute article in these magazines.
Apart from conducting usual teaching-learning activities in Education (Honours and General courses) the department carries out other activities which include excursions to academic institutes of higher learning by the students, organizing quiz and seminars by the students.
- The warm rapport between the teachers and students
- Competent and sincere teaching staffs
- Departmental library equipped with good number of text and reference books for better learning of the students as well as the teachers
- Conducting excursions to academic institutes of higher learning by the students
- Satisfactory Representation at Higher Studies