About The Department
The Department of Commerce started functioning since the inception of the college in the year 1948 and it has been successfully teaching Honours in Accountancy since 1970. The Department of Commerce of this college is very proud of its excellent teaching learning programme yielding remarkable results in the university examinations. Not only the departmental results but also the successful engagement of the students in different spheres of the society (CA/ICWA/Teaching/Professor at college and university level/Bank and Insurance sectors) is also noteworthy. Since the inception so many renowned teachers served this department with whole- hearted devotion and care. Though the number of sanctioned teaching post for the Department is five, at present it is managed by three full-time teachers and two State Aided College Teachers (SACT).All of the members of the faculty are competent enough and they devote the best of them to complete the syllabus every year without compromising the quality of teaching. The department has a separate library of its own known as ‘Seminar Library’ and students have free access to it and a computer laboratory with LCD projector. For the all-round development of the students, apart from the curricular activities, students are motivated to take part in extra-curricular activities like participation in sports and games, involvement in NSS and NCC programmes, cultural competitions of the college. They publish a wall magazine entitled “SAMPAD” regularly. It is also notable that every year they organize a colourful Teachers’ Day programme to pay homage to that great educationist- cum-philosopher (Dr.Sarbapalli Radhakrisnan) and their teachers.